Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sum: forty tales form the afterlives - David Eagleman (60-110)

     Sum once again ceases to amaze me in its creativity. I guess I should say that Eagleman never ceases to amaze me with his creativity. I will summarize the last story I remember reading. Eagleman starts by saying there is no after life so this story isnt about the afterlife but what actually happens on earth. See earth is part of a computing system, controlled by astronomical beings. Humans being the nodes that pass the information from one to another. But our subconscious controls the process not our conscious mind. A twitch from the left eye as you converse with your interlocutor means nothing to your conscious but means information to your subconscious. That twitch causes your subconscious to make your left leg bounce which passes on information to the passerby, and so on and so forth. The flaw in the system was the conscious which gave birth to free will, emotion, and reproduction of nodes.

     I love this book. So much creativity all wrapped up into a short samples that always leave you craving for that next piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment